1. What is a fiduciary?

    A fiduciary is a person who holds something for another in trust or in faith that it will be well taken care of. A fiduciary is a guardian for another, protecting them from hostile or negative outside influences and forces.

  2. What services do you provide?

    Agent under a Power of Attorney
    Bills paying and financial management
    Personal care coordinator
    Guardian Ad Litem

  3. What are these services?

    Trustee: A Trust is an agreement a person enters into that will state their wishes regarding the way they want their assets to be managed while they are their own trustee as well as when they want someone else to take over for them. Included are their last wishes as to how their assets are to be distributed when they die. Usually no probate court is involved.

    Executor: The person named in a Will as the one who will carry out the terms in the Will as it goes through the probate process in Court after the Will maker has died.

    Administrator: The person who administers an estate of a person who has died and did not leave a Will or a Trust. The assets of the decedent are distributed to their closest heirs at law.

    Conservator: The person nominated or appointed by the Court to 1.) Conserve and manage another’s finances and assets once the person is found to be incapacitated (Conservator of the Estate) and 2.) Conserve and take care of the person who is incapacitated by managing their health care, hygiene and living situation (Conservator of the Person.)

    Agent Under a Power of Attorney: A Power of Attorney is a written document wherein the author designates another to be their agent or attorney in fact. It gives the agent power to transact business, take over their finances, sell their assets and manage their life until they pass away. This power ends with the death of the author or signer. No court is involved.

    Bills paying and financial management: Many times a person does not have the time or energy to continue paying their bills, balancing their checkbook, keeping track of their business records and so on but they do not want to give over this power to transact their finances to another. That is when they hire soneome to assist in this task and work with them to make sure all is accomplished in a timely manner.

    Personal care coordinator: Oftentimes a person forgets to keep their house or themselves clean and healthy, avoiding doctor visits, personal cleanliness, taking their medications regularly, etc. My staff assists in this by hiring care givers whenever needed to keep our clients on track.

    Guardian Ad Litem: A person appointed by the Court to represent a party to litigation and their interest exclusively; speaking on behalf of their client and giving voice to their concerns.

  4. What is elder abuse?

    An “elder” is someone over the age of 59, according to the California Penal Code.

    Financial Abuse: If an elderly person can no longer manage their finances and another person takes over control against the elder’s will, using the elder’s finances and assets for their own purposes, this is elder financial abuse.

    Physical Abuse: If an elderly person is intimidated, pushed, grabbed, beaten or assaulted physically or emotionally, this is physical elder abuse.

    Each category is punishable by imprisonment and fines.

  5. Where do your clients come from?

    They come from a myriad of sources including estate attorneys, church members, accountants, friends, Adult Protective Services, the Public Guardian, etc.

  6. Will you come to my home?

    My staff and I prefer to meet with you in your home so you feel comfortable, relaxed and free to express yourself.

  7. What if my family is taking advantage of me?

    Unfortunately, elder abuse is very frequently committed by family members. We intervene to mediate and remove what issues are causing problems, if possible, so that we can take care of the person who cannot take care of the situation without assistance.

  8. Do you serve only the elderly?

    Our clients range in age from 8 to 99. Children who have lost a parent and are involved in court actions or people of any age who are found to be incapacitated may need the services of a person who represents their interest exclusively. In this position a Guardian Ad Litem speaks for them in any court action .
website by Upper Design Studio